My Mac Lipstick Collection





From left to right: Morange, Up The Amp, Peach Blossom, Reel Drama, Costa Chic & Marquise D' (from the Limited Edition Wonderwoman collection)
One of my guilty pleasures is basically anything from Mac Cosmetics - I can be completely stocked up in the beauty department, walk past Mac and convince myself that I need something from there. Is that the same for anyone else? I intend to do a makeup collection and potentially a Mac makeup collection so today's post is solely about my little collection of Mac lipsticks!

Morange - the description on Mac's website is 'loudmouth orange' which suits it perfectly. Like the below lipstick, it's also an Amplified Creme lipstick and looks it's best in summer with a tan. I went through a bold lip phase where I would buy crazy colours, do a makeup look based around the lipstick, apply the shade, look in the mirror and think, whaa? I wish I could pull it off! It's a gorgeous reddy orange which I just need to be more confident with.

Up The Amp - this is an Amplified Creme lipstick which gives you the vibrant colour with the creamy moisturising qualities which won't dry out as quickly as normal lipsticks. I bought this hoping to wear it more often but it's so bright on the lips that I have to tone it down for everyday use but I absolutely love it! It's also very similar to Rebel but not as vampy looking.

Peach Blossom - the perfect 'my lips but better' shade. It makes your lips look naturally plump, glossy & put together. When you add a neutral gloss on top it's just that perfect pinky nude shade and I wear it most days. It's a creemsheen formula which are my favourite type from Mac - good colour payoff and moisturising.

Reel Drama - I got this in a Limited Edition collection and it's a darker version of Peach Blossom with no sheen but just the colour. I haven't got as much wear out of it as I would like so note to self - wear this shade more. The formula is creamy and pigmented but sheers out on the lips once applied.

Costa Chic - Although this is a great shade, the formula in my opinion, isn't. It's a frost formula which doesn't sit well on my lips and the colour doesn't sink into my lips, it sits and highlights any cracks or dry bits on my lips. The shade is very nice, hence the purchase but unless I'm going to a fancy dress party as a girly alien/space type, I'll leave this in the lipstick drawer.

Marquise D' - Similar to the above shade, I bought this when the Wonderwoman collection came out which I still remember so vividly as I was scouring the internet for this lipstick - it seemed to be the most sought after lipstick from the collection. The colour is amazing, the packaging is cool but the formula doesn't sit right on the lips. If I use a really moisturising lip balm underneath I can get away with it so it's not going in the bin just yet (don't worry I don't think I could ever chuck Mac makeup in the bin, probably try and sell!).

So there you have it, my humble collection of Mac's lipsticks. After writing this post and getting info from their website, I feel the urge to add a few more to my stash - what lipstick from Mac is your favourite? Any suggestions?




No comments