Revlon Lip Butters! - Review + Swatches

Hi beauties!

Today's blog is a rather exciting one! :D I have been reading and watching people in America for a few months now whilst they share how amazing the new Revlon Lip Butters are. I have wanted to get my hands on them from the first time I heard about them yet they hadnt launched in the UK until about 2 weeks ago and still that was only online. So, you can see how frustrating (in a good way) it was, but I finally got a chance to order them from boots and I picked up 4 shades :) Here's some photos ...


I think the variety in colours is great and I already know which 2 other colours I would like to also purchase - Tutti Frutti and Peach Parfait. The 4 colours/shades that I chose were - from left - right: Pink Truffle, Strawberry Shortcake, Lollipop and Candy Apple.




So far, my favourite shade is Strawberry Shortcake as its a everyday wearable colour and I think its a nice natural colour that suits my skintone. I can't wait to wear it this summer! Heres some swatches ---->

The formulation is really creamy and moisturising. The darker colours give high pigmentation as well as the lighter shades and glides onto the lips smoothly. After trying them for a while, I have to say I really really love them and are a great alternative to a lipstick mixed with a lip balm all in one!


Pink Truffle is a brown/mauve pinky colour and really defines your lips. I think it would look great on all skintones and love the colour :D
Strawberry Shortcake is my favourite out of all 4 that I picked up. The colour is a creamy, mute pink with a warm undertone. I think it is a really wearable shade and love it!
Lollipop is a bright pink fushia colour with purple/blue iridescent flecks/sparkly undertone. Haha wow that was a mouthful :P .. The colour though really is amazing, super pigmented and creamy. 
Candy Apple is a bright creamy red colour and is the perfect formulation to put on without having to think or spend too much time applying... I like how you can build up the colour or just create a sheer tint to the lips.




I hope that anyone reading this, enjoyed reading and maybe got some ideas/inspiration to try these amazing lip butters. They really are just like butter on the lips ;) 

 ALSO I'm new to photography and getting the lighting right so bear with me, I think I did an ok job :D  

Please leave any comments on your favourite shades!

Thankyou :)


Ashleigh




No comments