A Guide To Dewy Looking Skin







Over the last 2 years, my goal when applying my makeup has always been to create dewy, luminous looking skin & I think I've cracked it. Here are my findings:

Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Even Finish Foundation - The key ingredient to dewy skin is the base - make sure you apply a good moisturiser beforehand. My favourite all-round foundation to keep your skin looking dewy, giving it good coverage & being long-lasting is this one. I only discovered it a few months back after never being able to get my Nars Sheer Glow Foundation in my shade. I'm kind of happy about it though, as I've found a better alternative which is similar but not as thick once applied. 

Mac Cream Colour Base in Pearl - highlighters are the way forward to transform your skin from matte to luminous & this frost colour base from Mac has never steered me wrong. It lasts all day and blends really well. The formula is creamy which adds to the dewy effect and you won't run out of it quickly as a little goes a long way. 

Elf All Over Colour Stick in Lilac Petal* & Max Factor Creme Puff Blush in 05 Lovely Pink - When it comes to blush, these two really give you a luminous blush to the cheeks. The Elf all over cover stick can act as a lipstick, blush or anything in between - the consistency is smooth and isn't going to budge once applied. The Max Factor blush has a beautiful marbled effect which swirls basic pinks with golden flecks to create a truly dewy finish. A little does go a long way though as I found out the first time I eagerly swirled my brush into it and firmly applied. 

Max Factor Excess Shimmer Cream Eyeshadow - I usually wouldn't add in something to do with eyes when it comes to dewiness as no one wants greasy looking eyes but this cream eyeshadow from Max Factor gives a lovely sheen to the lids - similar to the metallic eyes range from Mac. The shade 20 Copper has so many dimensions to it when seen under different lighting. 

To set things off, I love to use some sort of setting spray. Ones from Urban Decay work really well but the Makeup Mist & Set from Elf is a budget friendly option which gives a subtle mist to your look - adding to that sought-after dewy look. This one in particular has Aloe, Green Tea & Cucumber which are all ingredients that soothe the skin and keep it looking fresh. 

How do you keep your skin looking dewy? Any extra tips would be great!

*after searching for this on the UK Elf cosmetics website, I found out that they are closing down & no longer sell this product. I really hope this isn't the last we will see of Elf cosmetics in the UK! The link I found was on Amazon for £6.40 including postage which in my opinion is still worth it but can't believe I only paid around £1.50 for this a few years ago! This also goes for the Makeup Mist & Set from Elf but is much cheaper. 




No comments