Planning a wedding? ♡

Hello lovelies!

I wanted to start a wedding edition on my blog telling any of you brides-to-be the tips and tricks I've been learning along the way, as well as my personal ideas and thoughts. We are planning our wedding for the 17th of July, this year and I can't quite contain my excitement! So, without anymore blabbering on, here is my first chapter in planning a wedding.

Chapter 1 - Where do I start? ♡

We all know planning a wedding can be stressful on both the bride and groom, not only juggling quality services that don't break the bank but also trying to keep family members happy whilst still keeping the love you started out with alive.

There are so many options to consider, should we get married abroad, have a traditional wedding or just jet over to Las Vegas and get it over and done with. Which ever option you do choose though, should always have that fundamental reason behind it, you and your future husband/wife. Remember to never leave them out of the process. Most men say they don't mind what colours, themes and designs we choose, but getting there views on things will surprise them and keep them involved. It isn't just 'your' day, its both of yours.

I have compiled a list of 5 important things that I have tried to stick to that will help keep your 'big day' stress free and enjoyable, after all its meant to be one the happiest days of your life, lets keep it that way!

♡1 Before deciding anything else, discuss and confirm your budget.

 You need to make sure you and your future husband/wife both know the budget. This way you won't be fighting over not being able to afford something a couple months into planning your wedding which will make less stress. There are so many easy ways to save money for example making your own wedding invitations and stationary. My soon to be mother-in-law and I are making them as she makes and sells her own. Look out for a blog post on them!

♡2 Buy, make or create a wedding folder to keep everything 'wedding' organised.

Keeping everything organised and in one place means you won't be running around like a headless chicken trying to find price quotes and cake maker's phone numbers. You can get binders which are simple folders that you can decorate yourself or you can go for the  wedding organisers which have everything in lists. I actually have both haha. I keep all my loose papers in the binder, and keep a track of everything in my organiser.

 

My mum got this from a local boutique near where we live but you can find similar ones in WHSmith, Paperchase etc. This is the organiser/diary and keeps everything organised - ie when the next instalment for the venue needs to be paid, dates of rehearsals etc. Its a handy little thing and it looks pretty too

♡3 Get inspiration and start creating a mood board.

You may have always dreamt of a certain themed wedding or may have no idea. I was in between both and still don't 100% know what my style is. This is why a mood board is really important and helpful, not only for you but for your florist, cake maker, venue decorator etc. Any florists or venue decorator that I have been to has always asked me to bring along any fabrics I'm using for bridesmaid dresses, colour themes and most of all some sort of mood board which captures the style of wedding that we want to have. This makes asking what you want from these services so much easier and saves time.

♡4 Start compiling a wedding checklist.

There are so many wedding checklists available on the Internet that cover everything you could possibly need for your wedding day. I have found though that you sometimes need to personalise your own, showing exactly who you are going to for that specific service, how much it is going to cost and when it has to be completed by. In my next issue of this wedding edition, I will include a printable version of a wedding checklist which I think will be really handy. I like to keep the checklist on me all the time just so I don't keep loads of paper with bits and bobs on them.

♡5 Sit down with your future husband/wife and chat about what you both want out of the wedding.

It's obvious that you both want to get married to each other, but amongst the hype of getting engaged, you may have had all these ideas being thrown at each other but haven't sat down, written it all out and made sure that both of you are happy and won't get to your wedding day and feel unhappy about something that wasn't discussed properly. Everyone likes to put their own ideas and opinions in which can be very helpful especially if they are married or know a lot about it, but make sure that for your day, you both decide on it. This should be an exciting, joyful time. There is alot to do before your 'big day' but relax. Unless you are getting married tomorrow and haven't organised a thing, still enjoy the time you have now as before you were engaged, I'm sure you had lots of time enjoying each others company.

I hope you have liked reading the first chapter of my Wedding Edition. In some parts, I sound like some sort of relationship advisor haha, but I'm only sharing personal experiences or ideas with you all and I hope it was helpful.

To keep up to date with my next Wedding Chapter, please follow my blog!

Find me on Twitter: @ashleighailsa

Like my facebook page: www.facebook.com/ashleighailsa

Follow me on Instagram: ashleighailsa

and Watch my beauty videos on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/AshleighAilsaMakeup

Thanks for reading, comment below!

 
 
Ashleigh





No comments